Wednesday 18 April 2007

Walking through the dunes, Westduinpark, The Hague


oil on canvas, 30 x 40 cm ( 12 x16 in.)

SOLD



This is a good one, folks. Located just above the beach pavilion, De Kwartel. I first made a small 10 x 15 cm seascape, which was ok, but not worthy of posting just yet, will have to work on it. The sky was so typically 'Hollands' (Dutch for Holland), that I couldn't resist painting this scene. I always carry some extra canvases with me, one never knows when inspiration calls.
The dunes offer great vistas of the North Sea. However, as is evident in this work, depending on the light situation, vistas of the dunes, (which by the way happens to be one of Holland's most valued Natural Resources), are in themselves spectacular.

Let me tell you how I came to this title. You might ask, I don't see anyone walking, why give it that title? Answer. I was just finished, clearing my palette, packing up to go, when a couple stopped and struck up a conversation. They liked the work quite a lot, the man asked the price, told him, then he offered to buy, on one condition. That I paint him and his wife on the path. My response, no. Not on this one. When a work of art is at a good point, one must stop. Most painters have problems with this. They carry on until they over paint the subject at hand, the wonder and magic of the work being lost forever! Thus upon reflecting on this work, I'm going to place them on the path, only they are standing where you, the observer is, thus with your imagination you can step right into this scene. Therefore everyone looking at this work becomes the person 'walking through the dunes'.

Do enjoy this visual treat, and if you know anyone else who would, do forward them this blog address.

Speaking about forwarding my emails,
Let me give you an incentive. When a contact of yours agrees to join my mail list (this is important, otherwise you do not get an art mile), I will give you one, IL PITTORE ART MILES. Save up your art miles and I will give you a discount on a purchase of a painting. It works like this, I will keep a record of how many persons you have referred to and agree to join my mailing list, this will be posted on my blogspot, http:/ilpittor.blogspot.com . If and when you want to purchase an art work from me, you get a discount of the same art miles you have accumulated. Example, you have sent me the email addresses of 40 persons, who are agreeing to receive a daily, Wet painting from the Lowlands email, just like the one you are getting. You then are entitled to a 40 % DISCOUNT off the price for one or more of my paintings. I will explain this in greater detail on a future posting on my blog. Any questions for now, just email me.

Bye for now,

Alberto, il pittore
The Hague, The Netherlands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even per mail ha,ha... Wat maak je toch een prachtig werk. Wat een schitterende lucht zeg. Jeemig en wat een leuk verhaal bij je werk!
Ik ben trots op je.

dikke kus Ing.xxxx