Saturday 21 April 2007

Model in lilac And Model and painter in studio


18 x 24 cm (7 x 9.5 in.)
oil on canvas
SOLD


18 x 24 cm (7 x 9.5 in.)
oil on canvas
SOLD



As some of you know by now, Fridays is my day in the studio. Today we had the model, Koosje, a dancer by profession. She carries herself will, always a pleasure to work with her. I've been painting life from models ever since I decided to learn to paint. As a matter of fact, it was a cold winters day, in Toronto, Canada, back in November 1979, that I first stepped into a life drawing/painting class.
In the works presented today, the painter is actually being reflected in a mirror, set behind the model on an angle. I find this ads an interesting element to the composition. Besides showing you what is going on, it also creates a sense of depth. I've priced these to sell, I want to get the ball rolling!


Until the next painting.


Alberto, il pittore
The Hague, The Netherlands.

No comments: