Sunday 29 April 2007

Catamaran Club House, Kijkduin, Holland. # 2


oil on canvas, 38 x 46 cm ( 15 x 18 in.)
Painted on location,
Sun. 29 April 07, 8.35 am - 12. 45 pm
SOLD



Another fantastic day here in Holland. This morning I went back to the same place as last Sunday, my intention being to make a series of 12 paintings from this one location. I'll be setting up from other vantage points, thus the compositions will vary. Today I got a little closer to the club house, and added more detail, including, three visible persons: one making some adjustments to one of the boats, the other on the terrace, and a distant figure walking on the beach with her pet dog. The texture on this canvas is interesting. I've painted over an earlier painting, made in 2003. The middle surface is covered in beach sand, which I just incorporated into the texture.


here I am in action with my lovely daughter Selena.

Bye for now, and thanks to those of you who share this blogspot with others.



Alberto, il pittore
The Hague, The Netherlands.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Alberto,
I love this one with the catamaran in it. My friends are having a great adventure in Holland. They can't believe how hot it is.
Pretty soon your daughter will be painting alongside her dad?