Tuesday 10 April 2007

Neighbourhood Cafe, St Joris, The Hague

tuesday 10 april, early afternoon



Neighbourhood Cafe, St Joris, The Hague

oil on canvas board, 18 x 24 cm (7 x 9.5 inches)

price - 135 euro


Here you have todays painting. As my car was in service, had to go by bike to this location not far from were I live. This is the smallest work made thus far in the Wet Paintings ouvre. A familiar sight in Holland, a local pub/cafe, just about to open its doors to the public. This is not the first time I've painted this location. Have made already a larger 40 x 50 cm oil painting, which is now in a private collection in the US. Also six pastels on paper of various sizes.

A lot of detail to pack into such a little area, believe me I left out quite a bit, leaving room for the viewers eyes to fill in areas, such as the outdoor terrace, with all its chairs and tables. The for sale sign pasted on the top window was a bonus, helping me in creating harmony and balance in the color configuration.
Have a nice day,
I'll be meeting you again tomorrow.

Alberto,
il pittore

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, really like this one !
Rupert the gardener

alberto valentini said...

thanks man