Wednesday 11 April 2007

A sweet home in Rijswijk, no. 3

wed 11 april 2007



A sweet home in Rijswijk, no. 3,
oil on canvas, 30 x 40 cm ( 12 x 16 in.)
painted on location (as all my paintings are)

SOLD

Hello Art lovers,

Here is todays painting, and am I ever happy to have had the privilege to have made this...

This is my third painting of this subject, within the last week. If I do it again it will be early in the morning, thus capturing a different light situation.
I spiced this scene up with the young lady having a few words with her pet dog who seems to be saying, "just let me rest here for a moment.."
It's early spring, the trees are just starting to sprout, the flowering tree is in full bloom, just a postcard situation, wouldn't you agree?

Why am I painting this house anyway? Could it have something to do with the fact that just 5 months ago, my father had to vacate the house I grew up in as he is unable to manage in his old age alone. He now lives in a retirement home. Still having the feeling that something is missing, I
guess one gets used to such things. A home represents, stability, safety, a place to remove your shoes and chill out, family, love all that beautiful stuff.

Tomorrow it is back to the sea, beginning to miss it, thank God I literally have it on my door step. The light in this work has worked exceptionally well, enjoy.

Don't forget that you can publish and thus share your own comments on this and any other painting I have posted on my web blog spot

Bye for now,
Alberto, il pittore

1 comment:

Erik Ykema said...

Wow Alberto, this is indeed a great work! Love the composition and the rest in the image.