Sunday 12 April 2009

View of South Beach, The Hague # 1/09


First day beach outing for this season
oil on canvas
30 x 90 cm
painted on location, Friday 10 April 2009

SOLD

Yes for a few daring souls, this was the first day they actually stripped down to there bathing suits, some even dared the still extremely cold water of the North Sea. A few days ago I made a very small version of this same compsition. Of course the conditions are never ever the same, the color of the water, the sky, the shifting sands on the beach, so many variables, that's why I never tire from this theme.

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Alberto, On Friday, April 1oth I sat on a beach on the Gulf Of Mexico, in Naples, Florida all day. It was 85 degrees with a brisk cooling breeze. In a month I'll be back home in the Boston area in my home on the Atlantic Ocean where the water is never warm. Oh, excuse me, if it's over 60 degrees, people up there think it's warm ;)
I agree about the sea never looking the same.

alberto valentini said...

Lucky you, Mary.
Thanks for looking me up.
Warm greetings,
Alberto