Monday 6 April 2009

Rising fog, Scheveingen Harbor


Early morning view of Scheveningen binnen haven
oil on canvas
30 x 24 cm
painted on location, 5 march - 4 april, (12x)

SOLD

Here I present to you a smaller version of a similar painting I made last summer at more or less this location ( posted 10 june 2008). Beleive me this is not an easy place to make a painting. The boats in themselves have a certain attraction, I suppose, but the fact that there are so many, what a challenge. And remember, they are not perfectly still in their anchored position. I did my upmost to make this scene pleasing to the viewer. I'd appreciate to know what you, one of the many, who are viewing this work think? Why not drop me a line, thanks.

3 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I think it's wonderful. I also like the challenge of making something very complicated into a dynamic painting. It takes patience and planning and dedication. You have them all.

Anonymous said...

Interesting article you got here. It would be great to read something more concerning this topic. Thank you for posting this info.
Joan Stepsen
Computer geeks

alberto valentini said...

Thanks Joan Stepsen,

Not really sure what information you are looking for?

Alberto