Thursday 9 April 2009

Seagulls playing in the rain, The North Sea.


A rainy day at South Beach, The Hague
oil on canvas
20 x 40 cm
painted on location, Wed. 8 April 2009

SOLD

Rain or shine, il pittore is out there capturing what beauty is to be found, even in the most unlikely places. I had to perch myself under a rescue teams container (reddingsbrigade) which are standard on all of the Dutch beaches, to keep dry. With less than 2 meters space between the earth and the bottom of container, I got on my knees to work on this canvas. Funny how it turned out, it seems to have been painted from the height of those two front seagulls. Guess I was seeing with my minds eye, as most of what I do is intuitive anyway. That's why I don't usually give art lessons. How could I teach what I don't know myself? It is a privilidge, and a good state to be in, when I just allow my hand to be guided by some unknown force. Results are surprising to me, and usually quite good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Alberto ,
your oil has a strenth that cannot be described adequately. It seems to me the sand is rolling in unison with the waves , making us aware of the eternal nature of this forces, this is not 3 seagulls playing in the rain; it is Alberto playing with immortality!!!
Mariano

alberto valentini said...

Caro Mariano,


sono onrato con la tua punto di visto, veramente, grazie mille