Sunday 19 April 2009

Catamaran Clubhouse, (HKZV) The Hague #1/09


Preparing the Cat, on a windy day, South Beach, The Hague
oil on canvas, 30 x 90 cm
painted on location, Sunday 19 April 2009
SOLD

I was on my knees for this baby. Funny being a Sunday, felt like I was in Holy place. For me, this is like being in the house of God, however without walls. Infinity above me, to the horizon, earths grandeur , and Holland over my right shoulder. I make a connection with spirit here....., this is my church. The Almighty creator guides my hand. I do the best I can to get out of the way and let the creative flux from nowhere and everywhere, flow through me. Funny an inquisitive lady came up to me and asked, "Do you do this just for fun and to relax?" I replied, "Yes it gives me great pleasure, thus fun, I suppose, but to relax"!!!!! This activity is anything but that. Mind you if I was just splashing colour around, and not concerned about perspective, and getting all those details correct, then yes, maybe it would be relaxing. But if that was the case I wouldn't dare expect anyone to reach in their pocket and hand over to me 425 euros!

No comments: