Monday 13 April 2015

Blind Faith series # 1,2 & 3

Blind Vetrouw series #1,
oil on canvas - 70 x 90 cm
painted on location - Tues 7 April 2015
SOLD

You know the saying, 'if they through lemons at you, make lemon juice'  That is exactly what I am doing  in this series! The weather is getting warmer, but the Sea temperature is still extremely cold, so this is what happens. You get this thick mist hanging around for hours. It does make for a rather atmospheric painting. It looks easy enough to do, but belief me, to represent depth in these scenes does take some trickery. And that is were experience comes in to do the job that needs to be done.  After working on the large painting, I attempted a smaller panoramic format, which is shown here below.


Blind Vetrouw series #2,
oil on canvas - 20 x 50 cm
painted on location - Tues 7 April 2015
SOLD

Tranquillity and peace, is what this and the other works from this series offers you.  Room to allow you to think things over, make that important decision, without visual obstruction. Life in a crowded country like Holland does require time out, every now and then. Fixing your eyes on one of these paintings will slow your thoughts down, allow your mind to focus and meditate!



Blind Vetrouw series #3,
oil on canvas - 30 x 150 cm
painted on location - Fri 10 April 2015
SOLD

Here I found myself at my favourite stretch of beach, hoping for the Sun to break through. Same as hundreds of other Netherlanders who payed a visit to Zuiderstrand that day. Well a few hours later that did happen, but in the meantime am glad I made the decision to paint this view of paal 36, just in front of beach cafe, De Fuut. I would like to remind you of that saying I happened to come upon not long ago by Robert Henri....'Why do we love the Sea. It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.' Now, I tell you, is that not enough reason, to make that walk on the beach! I certainly am glad I got the sea almost at my door step, as am sure are thousands of other people living near the coast here in The Lowlands.







No comments: