Thursday 26 March 2015

Scheveningen Boulevard with morning light # 2

Scheveningen Aan Zee, met ochtend licht,
oil on mdf - 22 x 180 cm
painted on location - 8 settings from 05 March 2015 - 18 March 2015
SOLD

This is the 2nd time I paint this view. Last year also in March I was working from the Southern branch of the harbour entrance (Zuidelijk Havenhoofd, Buitenhaven). This is the view from the Northern branch of the harbour entrance (Noordelijk Havenhoofd). lt can be difficult to work with such a wide panoramic format on this location, as the wind likes to surprise you from time to time. On one occasion my easel with painting fill to the ground, lucky the damage was easy to repair.  After that I was anchoring my gear with a large shopping bag full of sand. With the morning light this view is spectacular, thus I was confined to working for no more than 2 hrs at a time. Below a close up of the Pier, which is undergoing renovations at present.




No comments: