Thursday 24 September 2009

The North Sea, Wijk Aan Zee, 2x


High winds with Kite surfer
oil on canvas
24 x 30 cm
painted on location - Sunday 13 Sept 2009


SOLD

Windy conditions are common on the North Sea, surfers love it! Me, I take what nature gives me, and I do the best I can with it. Protected by this huge metal object on the beach, I got down as low as possible, and made 3 paintings(the third one I'll post another time). Most of the sand that the wind generously tossed on the surface of the canvas will fall off eventually, a trademark of a plein-air painter I suppose.


Sailing the High Winds
oil on canvas
40 x 120 cm
painted on location - Sunday 13 Sept 2009

SOLD

Although this looks smaller on your screen, it is actually 5x bigger than the one above. Interesting color of the water, especially when the sky finally broke open, and the light from the sun had a stronger influence. It is difficult to see, but there actually is a sailbot on the horizon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Alberto,
your impression of the sea is just great. The sailing boat on the horizon very realistic. The grain of sand on the oils very impressionistic. Like them both your friend , Mariano

JackBullet said...

Hi Alberto,
Greeting from the kitesurfer in your picture from Wijk aan Zee. Must have been a very windy experience for you :-). I've actually promoted your work on my kitesurf weblog http://kitehigh.web-log.nl. I like by the way your "Sailing with the High Winds."

Regards,

Marcel Dijkhuizen