Friday 11 September 2009

Beach Cafe, 'De Branding', Noordwijk Aan Zee




Twee schilderijn van 'De Branding', Noordwijk Aan Zee
oil on canvas
40 x 60 cm (each)
painted on location - Tues. 8 Sept 2009

Private collection, Florida, USA

It is funny, on my last three painting sessions I've made 2 paintings at a time! (Next posting will also feature 2 works). This scene was requested of me from a family that are going away, moving to America. I was so grateful for the heat wave that came rather unexpectantly, earlier this week. It was so hot, had to work under a parasol. Firstly, for the shade it provided on the canvas, secondly, to keep me from getting a sunstroke! It is amazing how intense the blue of the water can become, when there is little wave activity, on the surface. Due to the extreme heat you have the mist effect hanging over the horizon, which add lovely warm nuances to the composition

No comments: