Thursday 10 September 2009

De Mark, Breda (Ginneken), Nature reserve



two small studies
oil on canvas
13 x 18 cm / 13 x 18 cm
painted on location - Sun 6 Sept 2009

SOLD

I was invited to take part in a plein-air painters festival, at this location, a few days ago, thought I'd share these quaint little pieces with you. They were painted simultaneously, (side by side on my easel). Whilst I was in the process of making these, I had to think of John Constable (19th century English master painter), who, in his lifetime, made several small studies of only clouds, which are a delight to look at, if you ever get a chance. I couldn't help but feel, that perhaps, just maybe, his spirit might have payed me a little visit and somehow guided my brush. We are all brethern, us fellow painters, at least I certainly have faith in this.

2 comments:

René PleinAir said...

I loooooove these two one Alberto!!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I can see the Constable influence in these beautiful little studies. Also reminds me of Trevor Chamberlain a living British painter. Check him out.
We ARE all brethren.