Monday 25 April 2022

Two views from North Beach, Scheveningen


Noorderstrand met uitzicht op strandpaviljoen Naturel
oil on canvas - 30 x 118 cm
painted on location - 24 March 2022

SOL



Noorderstrand met uitzicht op  de Pier 
oil on canvas - 35 x 100 cm
painted on location - 24 March 2022

€ 975


Still early in the season, thus not very populated as yet, this beach is were tourists visiting Scheveningen beach resort head or a little peace and quiet, away from the scene  happening on the other side of that Pier. I rather like painting misty views, as it creates a sense of mystery. These wide beaches almost make it compulsory to use these panoramic format canvases, thus allowing me to create the sense of depth and space.








1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

These are beautiful, great depth and I like the wide angle. I found your blog via René and happy I did. I’m smiling.