Friday 23 March 2018

For the love of the Sea

The beginning of the end of the day
oil on canvas - 24 x 30 cm
painted on location - Wed 14 March 2018
SOLD

Back at my regular location on the South Beach, The Hague, for the second time this year,  I was fortunate to witness this colorful Sunset.  As this was the only thing worthy of painting I quickly set up my easel and made this small format painting, before it got to dark.








In God we trust
oil on canvas - 30 x 80 cm
painting re worked in atelier - Thurs 15 March 2018
SOLD


 If you are wondering about the title, will I'm sure many a seafarer has had that thought cross his mind whilst leaving the calm waters of a safe harbour. Here is an example of when I go back to a painting I believe was not quite completed when it was originally made. In this case we are talking about December 2014. If you compare the two, which I have made possible for you in this posting, you will clearly see the changes. I also changed the title, it was called "The tempestuous winds of the North Sea".   One of the only thing that hasn't changed is the price, still the same modest amount. 




No comments: