Monday 28 October 2013

High Winds at Bergen Aan Zee

hoge wind, op strand bij Bergen Aan Zee
oil on mdf - 15 x 80 cm  (2 panels)
painted on location - Sat 26 Oct 2013
SOLD 

I only had about 90 minutes to get this work created, thus didn't waste any time! Set up next to a beach cafe terras, thus out of the wind. Fortunately the sky cleared up long enough to afford me this spectacular view. All the elements became full with lively colours, the moving shadow on the lower left of the painting added drama to the composition. I realised there was nothing left for me to do besides add a few people here and there, and get the light and shadow effect right on that turquoise beach cafe  I guess the couple watching me create this work from their table on the patio agreed with me as they bought it right off the easel!
 

No comments: