Tuesday 31 July 2012

Oh Canada.......Up North


 Gezicht op mijn landgoed/Canada,
  oil on cedar wood, 13 x 71cm  -  (5" x 28")
  painted on location - Friday 20th July 2012

€ 525

Just back from a three week vacation, visiting family and friends, with my daughter Selena and Wilma. This is the not so little piece (100 acres) of Canada I own together with my brother Mike Valentini. The cabin was  built by Irish pioneers back in the mid  1800's. Of course additions/reparations  have been made over the years, but it certainly still retains it's original charm, as is evident in this painting and the picture below. This is the only work I made on the trip, as most of the time I was being a family man, and doing fun things! Travelling light, I only brought a hand full of art material with me. As luck would have it, I found this neat piece of scrap cedar behind that garage on the left, already treated for outdoor exposure,  I could apply the water based oil paints directly on it (see picture below of work in progress). Remember click on the image to get a proper view.


No comments: