Saturday 27 February 2010

Corn bridge by night, Leiden


Koornbrug 's nachts, Leiden
oil on canvas
18 x 24 cm
painted on location, (in the rain) - Thurs 25 Feb 2010


You might have to tilt your screen a little to have a good look at this one! I happened to find a dry spot under another brige that afforded me this spectacular view, at waters level. As I was feeling a little down, just had to get out and make a painting. Dispite the rain and the fact that it was already 7pm in the evening, I decided to head out to a favorite spot in Leiden, hoping to be cheered up, as I had so many fond memories of my recent painting experiences their. I've attached the painting I made in Nov 2007, from the balcony that is visible above the row of lit windows, directly above the rightside of the covered bridge(see above painting). Thus under the right side of the bridge, featured in the bottom painting, is a boardwalk, which allowed me to sit up and make this evening painting!

No comments: