Thursday 23 July 2020

Zuiderstrand commision painting



 Study for Zuiderstrand commision painting
oil on canvas - 20 x 60 cm
painted on location - Tues 07 July 2020

SOLD

As this was the first time I make a painting of this view I decided a study would be a good idea. Thus a week before I made that larger painting below I made this smaller study to familiarise myself with this view. This helps me in making decisions about the final composition


______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





View of Kijkduin and Zandmotor commision.
oil on canvas - 50 x 150 cm
painted on location - Tuesday 21 July 2020

SOLD

Here is the final version of this commision scene. It is what the customer wanted, thick Dutch clouds sweeping across the sky, the dunes, a summery feeling. I had to wait for the right conditions, was lucky for me that this took place just a couple of days ago. Again here in this sceen I have omitted a very large new construction area, which is what the customer desired, and I must admit I would have left that elephant of a building which would have appeared just above the white roof of the 1st beach pavilion on the left side