Thursday 20 June 2019

A terras with a view

Een terras met uitzicht
oil on canvas - 50 x 70 cm
painted on location - Tues. 18 June 2019

SOL

Really, one of the most colourful stretches of beach here in Holland. With that yellow juxtaposing to the blue. the green dunes and red trim on the beach club de Fuute, man those are the primary colours! Then add the elements like wind and light, and you have this delightful scenery. Now one might ask, "How does one catch the wind or the light?".... Physically that would be impossible, but as an image in this case an oil painting on linen, it is possible. With practise, patience and experience, I do it in this way. Not every ones cup of tea, as some like it more abstract, or some like it more messy. I could only do it my way, and thank goodness, there are enough people who appreciate the way I do do it.  Thus, as the Dutch saying goes, I could put bread on the table and wood in the fire.

No comments: