Wednesday 10 October 2018

The Hofvijer #4 and #5, The Hague


De Hofvijver, DH #4
oil on canvas - 55 x 45 cm
painted on location - 29 Sept. 2018

SOLD

Further developing this series, I decided to walk down the street towards the Mauritshuis. In order to get in the lamp pole and fence I painted from the other side of the street.





De Hofvijver, DH. # 5
oil on canvas - 60 x 90 cm
painted on location - 3/5/9 Oct. 2018

no longer exists.

This time a rather large format for plien-air painting, I decided to capture these lovely warm tones as the leaves of the trees are entering their autumn phase. Also the Sun being lower than it usually is, this also helps to intensifies the warm colors of the buildings. Is it any wonder that this is the most photographed corner of The Hague, I mean it's bloody breathtaking, wouldn't you agree?





                                                                                      here you see me working on #4 in this series

No comments: