Wednesday 29 October 2014

Autumn Colors in the dunes, # 1 & 2

Herfstkleuren in de duinen #1
oil on canvas board - 30 x 40 cm
painted on location - Tuesday 28 Oct 2014
SOLD

It is my self imposed duty or responsibility, as it were, to get out in this area, and seize the moment of beauty.  Mostly I'm on the beach, painting the sky and water and the life on the beach.  But at this time of year the colours of the flora in the dunes are shouting out to be noticed and admired. I couldn't help but here Natures cry of joy as the Sun shined its warmth and life energy on all those leaves, surrounding this path to the Quiet beach, here in The Hague.


                                                 __________________________________________



Herfstkleuren in de duinen #2
oil on canvas - 20 x 50 cm
painted on location - Tuesday 28 Oct 2014
€ 345

As we have to take it as it comes, the Sun is what I am referring to.  I rushed over to this location, not far from were I was sit up on the above painting, and payed homage to this array of these juicy colours. I like to add about these two works a quote from a great painter.  "Art is not what you see, but what you make others see."  (Edgar Degas)

No comments: