Friday 15 March 2013

Homeward Bound



Gezicht op Nijmegen vanaf  de Waalhaven,
oil on canvas, 50 x 50 cm
painted on location-Mon 11 March 2013
SOLD

Some folks on that Intercity are Homeward bound.  Some may be going to visit friends and family, and still some are going away from home, only to return, soon. This painting was made just prior to the small street scene of the last posting. On a bitter cold morning, with the wind factor just high enough to make being outside uncomfortable, I finally found a spot, next to a parked Nissan.  Getting down as low as possible, thus on my knees,  I managed to lock in this view, and keep the wind  to a minimal. As the cold was too unbearable, after approx. 2hrs my colleague, Rene PleinAir and I decided to call it quits, thus I took a snap shot and finished the detail work on those boats in the comfort of my studio!


No comments: