Wednesday 14 September 2011

View of Scheveningen from Wassenaarseslaag


Gezicht op Scheveningen vanaf Wassenaarseslaag
oil on canvas
20 x 50 cm - (8 x 20 inches)
painted on location - Wed. 14 Sept 2011
no longer exists

Yes folks that's sand you see on the surface of this canvas! With a very non hospitable wind force, I still decided to tackled this scene. Setting up my gear about 8 meters from the shoreline, I got down low, thus worked on my knees. This was the 2nd painting made, both excuted as quickly as possible, as the sand found its way into my eye sockets as well. Very irritating let me tell you! When I started painting there was much more blue sky, as you will see in the next posting. I felt confident enough to knock off this little canvas, even though the sky was showing signs of rain. It eventually did start pouring down on me I carried on working for about 7 minutes but had no choice but to pack up.

No comments: