Wednesday 2 February 2011

Cold Sea mist with snow, South Beach


Koude Zee mist met sneeuwe, Zuiderstrand, DH
oil on canvas
30 x 80 cm
painted on location - Sat 29 Jan 2011


This painting was made on the same session, directly after the painting of the previous posting. Thus by the time this work was complete, my bones were chilled! Here is a little poem that I find works well with this image.

Just stepping out to get some air
That is not the wind beneath my feet
Just a breeze so crispy and sweet

Fresh air is all I ask
A moment alone is all I need.


This beach offers just the remedy, for those moments when one needs to be alone.

2 comments:

Kim Vanlandingham said...

You can almost feel the atmosphere in this painting. Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

HOI ALBERTO
IT IS AGAIN A REAL 'ALBERTO VALENTINI' MINE COMPLIMENT ALBERTO
THANKS YOU VISIT ME AND YOU GIVE GOOD ADVISE HOW TO DO NOW WITH MINE DEPRESSION.WE SEE EACH OTHER IN VLIELAND.
SLAAP LEKKER
SILVESTER