Monday 6 December 2010

First snow in the dunes, Westduinpark, The Hague


Duinen met sneeuw, Westduinpark, Den Haag
oil on canvas, 30 x 90 cm
painted on location - Sunday 5 Dec 2011
no longer exists - painted over

Well my dear friends, here you see il pittore in his element. This has become my favored subject for the last 3 yrs now. And can you blame me, really. Just look at the array of colors, Nature has to offer. Even on this bitter cold windy winters day! I can't understand, how the painters of The Haagse School, didn't get these colors on their palets? I mean they must have been in a constant state of depression, or something. I am not overstating at all, ladies and gentlemen. These colors are plain to see, if you care to take the time. However, make sure the sunlight is finding its way through the mass of clouds, otherwise the colors will indeed be subdued. One of my most trustworthy locations, over the last few years must have created 25 or more paintings near this spot.

No comments: