Friday 19 November 2010

San Vincenzo Vecchio (AQ), Italy


San Vincenzo Vecchio (AQ), Italie
oil on canvas
60 x 70 cm
painted on location - Mon 15 Nov 2010

Private collection - Sora(FR), Italy

As some of you may have known I made a short excursion to my home town in Italy. With the idea of witnessing and lending a hand, in the olive picking festivities. I must say, as luck would have it, I ended up at an ideal location. I was hosted by a cousin who has a 2nd home in the village shown on this painting. Nestled in a picturesque gentle mountainous valley, with autumn colors still in full splendour, and temperatures reaching will over 20% celsius, il pittore didn't need much convincing to set his easel up in a field above this olive grove! This is the 1st of 3 paintings produced in this region of Abruzzo. Unfortunately we had some rain, thus limiting my production.

No comments: