Friday 27 August 2010

A tranquil moment by the Sea


Een doorluchtig moment op strand
oil on canvas
30 x 150 cm
painted on location - Sunday 8 August 2010   -    SOLD

Painted nearly 3 weeks ago, don't I wish the situation was like this right now. Oh well, can't have everything I supppose. One of the reasons why plein-air paintings are appreciated so much, is that in fact, they do capture and when successful, sustain that moment in time, forever. Will, let me be more accurate, for as long as that painting lasts. It is the responsibility of the artist to insure longevity, and you can rest assured that il pittore, attends to this. With a brisk wind, I had my parasol laying flat on the beach, thus keeping this canvas from taking flight. Thousands of very fine particals of sand made the surface of this painting their place of residence. I'm not at all disturbed by this, in fact find it fits in with the theme.

No comments: