Tuesday 23 September 2008

Path in the dunes, Westduinpark # 14/08


Path to the Sea, by Strandpavilion Pier 23
oil on canvas,
60 x 110 cm (This is a large format)
painted on location - Mon 22 Sept 2008
SOLD

Here I am at one of my favorite themes, paths leading to the sea. Revisiting a location I have already painted at, only this time with a larger canvas. A funny thing happened, just as I was about to finish, that three mast clipper came floating by, called the Eendracht. Now the last time I was at that location that clipper also sailed into my view, only with full sails then. A very interesting sky to paint, with a refreshing breeze, sweeping gently through the grassy dunes. Just a lovely day to be out there, doing my thing. Again a close up, for your viewing convenience.

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

beautiful. Great colors and composition.

René PleinAir said...

Alberto, maybe this is something for you?!

Or have you done this already?!