Monday 5 November 2007

Revised version of Catamaran Club house, The Hague, # 8


oil on canvas
13 x 40 cm
painted on location, wed 27 june 2007
cropped in my studio, thurs 1 nov 2007

SOLD

Here you have an example of artistic freedom! The original painting was 30 x 60 cm. You can see it,(for the time being), on my blog posting of 2 July 2007. Feedback from others and my own choice about the composition persuaded me to give this a more panoramic type look. I think I succeeded in making the work interesting by reducing it to this size. The natural sun light works much better in this format. Contrasted with the grey/blue clouds in the background, this creates a tension that intrigues the eye. Your comment would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I like it very much. This is your signature scene.

alberto valentini said...

It is definetly the most colorful scene on the strech of beach near were I live and others like it too...thank God