Thursday 29 March 2007

Soaring above the North Sea




oil on canvas. 30 x 40 cm.
painted on location, Thurs 29 March 2007


SOLD

Here is todays painting, Yet another work depicting waves gently rolling and breaking on the North Sea shoreline.
Thought I'd spice it up a bit with the bird in flight. Besides the sea birds, there wasn't much activity in the water, except of course for the constant formation and breaking of the waves. And the shift in the tide. I arrived at low tide, set myself up about 5 meters away from the shoreline, had to move my easel back 4 times before the high tide positioned itself.

As I have already stated, I am in the process of setting up a site that will post daily new paintings. I am building up my mailing list so for now I would appreciate the addresses of anyone you feel would like seeing a painting a day of scenes from Holland.

Tomorrow I have a 3 hr life drawing/painting session in my studio, as that takes place every Friday morning. Thus, you guessed it, you will have the pleasure of looking at what I make of the female nude model.

It would be nice to hear from you.

Bye for now,
Alberto, il pittore

No comments: