Tuesday 20 October 2015

Race of The Classics, View off South Beach, The Hague

Race of The Classics, Gezicht vanaf Zuiderstrand, DH
oil on canvas, 30 x 150 cm
painted on location, Friday 16 October 2015
SOLD

 As if I was lead there by some unseen force, it was my destiny to be at the right place at the right time, to immortalise this very rare view, off the coast of Scheveningen, Holland.  I was not planning to be painting that morning, Actually I went to collect my parasol, at the beach, and low and behold, this happening was just getting started, they were still leaving the harbour.  I immediately ran back to my car, drove as quickly as possible to my studio, grabbed my gear and was back on location. I couldn't believe my eyes, there must have been what seemed like 30 or more of these babies, circling, manoeuvring in all directions.  Everybody on the beach was mesmerised, all making films on their mobiles. I'm pretty sure I was the only painter making a painting, and that my dear friends is what makes this work truly unique. Does anybody know someone who works for archival department, city of The Hague, am sure they would be interested!

No comments: