Monday 11 May 2015

Morning light on South Beach, DH

Ochtend licht op Zuiderstrand, DH
oil on canvas - 40 x 120 cm (dus zeker niet klein)
painted on location - Thurs/Fri 30-04/01-05 - 2015
SOLD

Dear Friends and Customers, yet another view of this scene, which for me has become what for Paul Cezanne, Mount Saint Victoire represented. He of course is known for his many paintings of that mountain near Aix-en-Provence.  Like him,  I have this view just a few streets from my studio. And like him I am continually inspired to make paintings at this location, as the atmospheric conditions are never the same twice. However what makes us different is that he was more concerned about the form the mountain represented, and I am more concerned about the light affect on the scene. Should you like to have a better look at this work, just email me.

No comments: