Monday 6 February 2012

Winters Magic on Ice #1


Skaters, Dobbelplas, Nootdorp (Nr Delft)
oil on wooden door frame panel
26 x 74cm - 10" x 29"
painted on location - Sat 4 Feb 2012

private collection, Barrie, Ont. Canada


Well most Dutch people are rejoicing with the onslot of below zero temperatures, and didn't take long to get there Nordic skates out and hit the frozen ponds and canals skattered throughout The Lowlands! Fortunately for me I have this wonderful natural setting, Dobbelplas, Nootdorp, just a short car drive distance from my studio. In 2 days I made 3 paintings, this being the 1st. Probabaly will get out there again, but one day of rest, as yesterday I almost developed frost bite on my right foot. And that was with two pairs of thick woolen socks and well insulated winter boots!

No comments: