Saturday 14 April 2007

View of Delft from Wateringsweg




oil on canvas, 60 x 80 cm ( 23.5 x31.5 in.)
SOLD

Here you have today's painting. A lovely view of Delft as I've been seeing it for a long time, on my many approaches to that picturesque city.
It is certainly not the first time I've made a painting in Delft, but this is the first from this view, and it won't be the last! The reflections on the water, the coloration of the blooming trees, three church towers, one of which, the famous Old Jan, as they call it here in Holland, - it actually really does lean like that - what more can a painter ask for? Sunlight. That as you can see I had plenty of. I'm actually beginning to get some good color on my face, since I've started this one painting a day activity.

Enjoy this visual treat, and please let me know what you think.

Until tomorrow, by for now,

Alberto, il pittore.

No comments: