Monday 23 April 2007

Evening Glow, Kijkduin, North Sea


20 x 40 cm ( 8" x 16" )
oil on canvas
painted on location, (like always), mon. 23 April, 6:30 - 7:45pm



Hello Everyone,

Usually I get the painting done first thing in the morning, not today, as I had to pick up my sister - in - law, at the airport and have a family day.
After dinner we went out to the beach, my daughter, Selena also joined us. I featured them in today's work. They assembled a fine collection
of sea shells. This work was done in a short time, the light situation changing by the minute. I quickly painted in the sky and sea, sticking with
that warm soft glow from the descending sun. That is what inspired me to make this work, in the first place. The horizon line is actually perfectly level, it appears in a sloping position, because the photograph was made by an amateur, me.



Enjoy the work. And don't be shy to share it with friends or family.

Ciao,

Alberto, il pittore
The Hague, The Netherlands.

Purchasing instructions found under links, just to the right on this page.

No comments: