Wednesday 4 April 2007

Path to the Sea



Path to the Sea
oil on canvas, 24 x 30 cm (9.5 x 12 inches)
painted on location,
Westduinpark, The Hague, wed 4 april 2007

SOLD

Here is todays effort. Sorry about the quality of the picture, however it is very close to the colors of the original, only it is not as sharp as I would have liked. In the original you could see texture of brush work. I'll get it right one of these days. On my screen, if I tilt it upwards, and look from underneath I could see the clouds floating in the sky like in the original painting.

Holland is famous for its light, something special about it, very crisp, very bright. Today was no exception. As you can see it was rather windy, I was positioned on one of the highest points in the dunes, the cold breezes got to me eventually after 2 hrs of painting hastily. I'm not complaining, it was good to be in the sun.

As it was a rather cloudy day, the dark blue/green parts of the water are shadows cast by the never ending motion of the fluffy clouds. As the water being quite agitated by the wind it had a rather strange yellow/green/brownish tint, depending on how strong the sun light was bouncing on it. A great day to be sailing, I suppose. I couldn't help but thinking, " man if I'm cold here, they must be freezin' there buts off, on those sailboats." They must have special clothing for that sport.

Well bye for now, do remember to pass me on to friends, or simply mail me their email addresses.

Ciao,
Alberto, il pittore

No comments: