Wednesday 4 April 2007

This is what I do...



Return from a good day Sailing, Weesp, Holland (just under Amsterdam)
oil on canvas, 70 x 90 cm (27.5 x 35.5 inches)
painted on location, 24 sept 2006

This is what I do...
I find a location inspiring to paint, set up my easel, my oil paints, medium, turpentine and do what I do best.....paint, ...... oil colors on an empty canvas. Within a couple of hours I am almost
complete, this work took about 3.5 hrs. Pretty large for an outdoor painting. I take no pictures, so very seldom I have to return to location to finish the work. I see with my eyes and what comes through my hands and fingers as they control the brush, only God knows. I paint with a certain amount of control, yet it is in surrendering to the creative force, which I believe is infused in all of living matter, that the work begins to unfold before my eyes. I don't get it right all the time, I don't have a step-by-step, fool prove technique. but when it does click, magic happens. A small miracle takes place.

My paintings won't put you to sleep, that is for sure. My paintings say,......." Yeah you, look at me, I'm here..."

This painting is still available, when your interested. Check it out on my website, www.albertovalentini.nl

Alberto, il pittore

No comments: