Wednesday 23 May 2007

Catamaran Club House, Kijkduin, Holland # 5


oil on canvas,
60 x 50 cm - ( 24 x 20 in. )
painted on location, Wed 23 May 2007, late morning

SOLD


Like I said, I'm going to paint 12 versions of this club house. I'm still not half way there, and my familiarity with the subject is beginning to make my job a little easier. The club house was closed, but it still is a nice scene to paint. The sky was crystal clear today, the visibility of industrial terrain on the horizon line was quite sharp, actually toned it down a bit, but I was generous with the smoke arising from some sort of boiler, heaven knows what is going on there? Had a nice female sun bather as a model, she and the two men checking her out, helped me in filling this somewhat empty beach scene. Which was intentional, as to give the illusion of a large area. Need to create space in your compact living room, this baby will do just that. Just think, within a few months, we will be experiencing those Benelux greys, looking at this will certainly brighten up your day!

If you know anyone who likes to receive this email, pass on their address to me and get an Il pittoreARTMILE, for great reductions on an eventual purchase.

Ciao,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alberto,

The club house is improving with each sitting