Monday 30 August 2010

The lonewolf Catamaran, South Beach, The Hague


Catamaran, die zijn eigen weg gaat, Zuiderstrand, DH
oil on canvas
50 x 60 cm
painted on location - Tuesday 24 August 2010  SOLD


Oh, don't I feel this way, most of the time. Accept for my lovely daughter and my deceased mother, no woman to speak about in my life. As an artist, one must endure the fate of the lonewolf. Away from the pack, facing the pearls and pleasures of Nature by oneself. Yes dear art lovers, the artist life is not always a jeux de vivere affair, in fact it is quite the opposite. I usually am painting on my own, usually am in the studio on my own, at the computer on my own, the fate of 21st century artist I suppose. Andy Wahrol had a solution, he invented the concept of transforming the studio into a factory, with several assistants.

Anyway, enough of that, let me share some quotes that I feel give some insights into this painting.

"The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible." (Oscar Wilde)

"I am inspired when the elements and forces of nature combine to form strange and transcendental appearances.....sometimes subtle sometimes dynamic, they act as portals to a mystical realm." (Diana Lehr)

"Often the hands will solve a mystery that the intellect has struggled with in fain."
( Carl Jung)


There was something about the sky that I could not give words to, until I read that quote from Oscar Wilde.
Same goes for the second quote, although I would like to add that I was definitely inspired by the dynamic forces of nature at play in this scene.
I love the third quote. As a painter I have learned to trust were/what my hands will do whilst at the easel. Seems they have an intelligence of there own!

Thank you to whomever owns this catamaran for leaving it marooned on the beach like that. Thank you to Leo, the owner of strandpavilijon De Fute, for providing me shelter in order to make this painting. And lastly, thank you to all of you who take the time out to enjoy and read these Wet Paintings from The Lowlands postings.

3 comments:

SKIZO said...

Thank you for sharing
This fabulous work with us
Good creations

mario said...

complimenti, Alberto, per i tuoi bellissimi lavori, in un ambiente che amo moltissimo, il Nord!

Anonymous said...

hoi Alberto
prachtig schilderij
compliment
groet
sil