Saturday 19 December 2009

A Place in Leiden, # 8/2009


View of Nieuwstraat & Burgsteeg
oil on canvas
40 x 30 cm (16 x 12 in.)
painted on location - Mon 14 and Thurs 17 Dec 2009

Painting donated

I have decieded to call this body of work, A Place in Leiden, and this being the 8th painting that I've made, on location this year, thus the title. Setting myself up on the corner of Middelweg and Nieuwstraat, I chose to capture this quaint winter scene, totally ignoring this huge monumetal church, which I,ve just hinted at on the extreme right. Thanks to Mother Nature, we have been gifted with a fresh clean layer of that fluffy cold white matter, commonly known as snow! Most of the country goes in a panic mode, but il pittore, packs his gear and takes delight in bringing you an a fresh update, here in The Lowlands. For your viewing pleasure, a detail.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Alberto,
I like this one a lot, for some reason this oil remind me of Van Gogh. Un'abbraccio