Monday 27 August 2012

South Beach, panoramic view


 Gezicht op Zuiderstrand, DH
oil on canvas, 30 x 150cm
painted on location - Fri 17 Aug 2012 SOLD 

It was early in the morning, these are among the 1st arrivals, by the time I was packing up to leave, with this painting completed, there must have been about 400 persons on this stretch of beach! What is fun when I have so many people in my view , I can pick and chose, who I want on the composition. Have you noticed the mother bending over to care for her little toddler? I like to keep the space empty, as it gives emphases on the basic elements. In this case, the hazily clouded sky, the Sea and the beach with sand nuances. When you live in a crowded house, like we do here in The Lowlands, you have a greater appreciation for space, thus also a reason for this composition. 

2 comments:

René PleinAir said...

Best wel groot?

HUGE!!!

En niet alleen in afmeting.

alberto valentini said...

yeah it is pretty big, sold it on sunday!