Wednesday 3 March 2010

Path to the North Sea, Westduinpark #5/2010 or Peace in the Valley


Pad naar de Noord Zee #5/2010 of Vrede in het Vallei
oil on canvas
60 x 80 cm
painted on location - Wed 03 March 2010 SOLD

Just made it on time, before the sky became completely overcast, thus having a dull effect on the scene which, thanks to my memory and swift painting skills, you can enjoy with the effect of a soft yet welcomed sunlight. For some unexplained reason, the words 'peace in the valley', kept repeating in my thoughts, during the making of this work. Couldn't help but to think, "if some guy had malicious thoughts, such as to cause an act of violence, I would imagine that a walk down this path, might indeed have a soothing affect on his state of consciousness. Like the passing of the clouds, so would his negative thoughts go by, and his life would carry on in harmony and peace". Oh well, I know as I struggled with all my gear, to the top of this path, my eyes did behold a most spectacular view, enriching my being with a delightfully pleasurable feeling.


No comments: