Wednesday 20 August 2008

De Mark, Breda (Ginneken), Nature reserve


Nature reserve, de Mark, Breda, Holland
oil on canvas
40 x 120 cm
painted on location - Sunday, 17 Aug 2008

destroyed (painted over)

Although I like painting the sea, once in a while it is good to go inland, and paint the gentle flat nature scenes, like this one for example. The sky was very active, with sun breaking through the swiftly moving voluminous water bearing clouds. And yes indeed, I got caught in the rain! I saw it coming, but I just had to give it some final touches. Actually am glad that it did pour down, otherwise I would have lost the freshness and spontaniety of this painting. You know it is said that a work or art is never complete, it just stops at an interesting place. I am rather satisfied were this work ended, thus am sharing it with you.

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

You seem to have similar weather to ours, Alberto. I like the painting.

Jane Walker said...

Wow it is big... like the dark green horizon and the sky... look forward to seeing it in the real when I get back