Thursday 22 August 2019

HKZV 2 times




HKZV clubhouse, Den Haag
oil on canvas - 18 x 24 cm
painted on location - Sat 17 Aug 2019
SOL

Just a little painting, but what a big view! The high winds recently have been blowing sand more and more to the edge of Westduinpark, creating this situation which I find absolutely fantastic to paint. the slopes gently roll down and eventually flatten out and join the waters crust of the North Sea. As is evident in the painting below.





Erg winderig Zuiderstand op een zomersdag
oil on canvas - 50 x 100 cm
painted on location - Mon 19 Aug 2019

SOL

Without my 3 meter parasol laying on its side protecting me and my gear from the wind this painting would not have been possible to create. A small sacrifice for me, but oh look at those cloud formations, what a joy yet at the same time a challenge to get down with paint on a canvas. A lot is going on in this scene, s worth taking your time to have a closer look.



No comments: