Saturday 17 March 2018

The en plein air painter and Nieuwe Kerk, Delft

De en plein air schilder
oil on canvas - 24 x 30 cm
painted on location - Thurs 22 Feb 2018


I was invited to go out painting by my good friend and colleague, Dimitris. He took me to one of his favorite places in Rijswijk, Landgoed Te Werve. It was cold but the Sun was in our favour, casting a brilliant light, illuminating all the warm colors found in this park. Not a usual subject matter for me, but I couldn't help but to think of how the impressionists worked together, en plein air, thus this work was created.



Nieuwe Kerk, Delft 
oil on panel - 20 x 30 cm
painted on location - Oct 2017

SOLD

Painted one fine afternoon from the end of the Trompetstraat. An old picturesque city visited by many tourists, and a great place to paint en plein air.  This and other works made in Delft can be seen in Galerie Delft, on Vrouwjuttenland.

No comments: