Friday 9 September 2016

Indian Summer inviting you to Zuiderstrand, DH

Tijt om te genieten I, Zuiderstrand, DH
oil on canvas - 40 x 120 cm
painted on location - Wed 24 August 2016

SOLD

It doesn't get any better than this, on our sacred coastline here in The Lowlands. These mothers with their children are playing it smart and coming to the beach nice and early, as later on in the day the Sun beams are full strength and can actually get uncomfortable, for the sensitive fair skinned people. A real pleasure for me to be on location, and finally I got to use my 3m parasol to prtoctect me from the Sun and not the wind.

Tijt om te genieten II, Zuiderstrand, DH
oil on canvas - 50 x 100 cm
painted on location - Fri 26 August 2016

SOLD

A big painting for a big beach. The skies are actually very dramatic and luscious at this time of year, check out the painting below. However easy it looks, belief you me, it is not easy to paint a convincing sky. I manage to do it, because of all the practice I've had over the years, but still it remains a challenge. Please have a good look at this painting, check out those 3 young boys kicking the football, on the left. Years of model drawing and painting have given me the confidence to apply those strokes, which convey the message with as little description as possible.


The new look, Pier Scheveningen
oil on canvas - 30 x 150 cm
painted on location -  Thurs 18 August 2016
SOLD

The ferris wheel, has been added to liven up things at the Pier which dominates the beach here in Scheveningen. It is a big winner with the young crowd. For me it gives me the chance to paint yet another detail, which i must admit is fun to do. I like the fact that they painted the supporting cement pillars of the Pier in soft pastel colors......This is the view one gets after leaving Zwarte Pad and heads in the direction of Wassenaarseslag.

No comments: