Thursday 4 December 2014

A Symphony of Color finds Scheveningen # 1


Een symfonie van kleur vindt Scheveningen # 1
oil on canvas - 40 x 120 cm
painted on location - 25 - 11 - 2014 t/m  02 - 12 - 2014
SOLD

When the Dutch landscape is seen through Italian eyes, this is a probable outcome. Seen through my eyes, this is the outcome!  I was reluctant to undertake this project, as that harbour is just a blazing with detail. However once into it, allowing for the brush to do what it does, and for the palette, a generous amount of freedom of expression, I rather enjoyed what was developing. For some i might have gone too far with the details, but ultimately it is my signature that goes on the painting. Thus a balance of what is actually visible, combined with fantasy, makes this view, in my opinion, visually digestible,

No comments: