Thursday 12 January 2012

Venus Victorious/Renoir in The Hague


't beeld Venus Victorius van Renoir te Den Haag
oil on canvas
38 x 28 cm - 15" x 11"
painted on location - July 2003 reworked in studio 11 Jan 2012

€ 375 (SPECIAL OFFER, sketch below included)

Some of you may remember, not so long ago, on the Lange Voorhout, there was a sculpture exhibit dedicated to the Female as model. Of course il pittore couldn't resist but to get on location, more than once! This work has been hanging in my studio for all these years, however for some reason, I never felt it worthy of exhibiting. Yesterday I re-painted some areas on the surface, and I cropped it to this vertical format composition, as suggested by the sketch. Also, just for the fun of it, I decided to paint in that female artist at the easel, (top right window). Below is presented, one of the several sketches I made of the Auguste Renoir bronze statue. Made with an ink brush, thus the painterly representation. Signed bottom left, dated on the back, 22 x 14 cm / 8.5" x 5.5".





detail of artist in her studio

1 comment:

Kim Vanlandingham said...

I didn't even catch the artist until you pointed it out. Nice work!